Project Manager- Engineering
Location: Albourne, UK
Do you have excellent project management and leadership skills? Can you demonstrate outstanding communication skills as well as experience with project management methodologies? Are you looking for a career development opportunity that will give you motivational contact with highly talented and inspirational management and engineering specialists?
This key role, in our Connected Home business unit, will see you taking responsibility for leading engineering projects from a true project management perspective – creating and managing project plans, managing day-to-day project implementations and preparing executive reports highlighting critical project deviations. From inception to delivery, you will demonstrate strong project leadership, persistence, the ability to challenge when needed and a professional approach to delivering projects on time, on budget and to a consistently very high standard.
As Project Manager you will:
- Create and manage project plans, monitor and review progress, adjust schedules and resolve issues.
- Manage day-to-day execution of project implementation, assist with planning, tracking and documentation.
- Prepare reports as required for managers, highlighting issues.
- Demonstrate solid project leadership, business acumen and analytical skills.
- Provide project updates on request.
- Facilitate review sessions with all relevant parties.
- Be part of a 35 strong team – coordinating all Research & Development activities.
- Manage releases of development projects into manufacturing.
- Manage relationships with remote developers outside of normal business hours.
As Project Manager you will need:
- Degree in business/IT or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding and experience of project management methodologies (CPM, PERT and Gantt charts)
- Experience of project leadership including managing project teams, budgets and schedules.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- A passion for problem solving
- PMP/Prince 2 certification
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Good written English skills for all work communications
- To be willing to undertake international travel as required
The Connected Home Business unit within Technetix accounts for half of the group’s overall business and focuses on active and passive solutions from the access network into the subscriber’s home. With innovation and latest technology, the Connected Home R&D team develops ground-breaking techniques to reduce the amount of equipment required in the network while keep product cost to a minimum. In close cooperation with the Headend and Access business unit as well as the CTO division, also custom products are developed for large tier-1 operators around the globe.
If you’re interested in this role we would like to hear from you. Please email your CV along with a covering statement outlining why you are right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.